Friday 7 September 2012

De Peuterspeelzaal (aka preschool)

My middle son started preschool (peuterspeelzaal in Dutch) this week at the tender age of 2 years and 4 months. It's been an emotional week... for me at least because I was suddenly faced with a new phase and although I have been through this once before with my eldest son it still felt weird to realise my son is no longer a baby. He was delighted to spread his wings a little and start school "like his big brother" and he's far too busy even to wave goodbye once he gets playing there.


The plus side for me is that I suddenly had an hour to do with what I wanted whilst my youngest son naps. So I wrote an article.

I was recently approached by Emmy McCarthy, the Managing Director of the non-profit organisation Amsterdam Mamas, about writing an article on the topic of education. So things came together - a request coupled with some time!

If you want to read more about the peuterspeelzaal idea in the Netherlands, then head on over to Amsterdam Mamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment